How it works:
The BioX® Pellets are a perfect combination of extremely porous alumina beads mixed with Potassium Permanganate (KMnO4). Our products take the ethylene gas out of the air to slow down the natural decay process of fruits, vegetables and floral. BioX® also controls molds and rots, kills bacteria and removes odors.
- There are 3 STEPS of Air Purification:
- 1. Physical Adsorption:
- 2. Disinfection:
- 3. Oxidation:
particles and microorganisms are being attracted and captured inside the structure of the alumina beads specially designed to offer a great surface of attraction
Potassium Permanganate is a natural anti-microbial agent with a pH of 9.2, much too high for the bacteria to survive a physical contact with the product.
Potassium Permanganate is an effective oxidizing agent of the ethylene and other primary contaminants such as Acetaldehyde, Ethanol, Sulphur compounds (H2S, SO2…) and a broad range of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
BioX® oxidizes the ethylene gas with oxygen, converting the pellets into an organic fertilizer (3CH2CH2 + 12KMnO4 = 12MnO2 + 12KOH + 6CO2). Unlike most other products on the market there are NO disposal problems with our BioX® Pellets. Our Granule is approved by the FDA and organic compliant.
- • Controls Ripening
- • Regulates ethylene levels
- • Reduces decay and waste
- • Increases storage and shelf life
- • Gets rid of airborne microorganisms
- • Controls odor cross-contamination
- • Maintains fruit pressure
- • Helps complying with HACCP requirements
- • Organic compliant & FDA Approved
- • Cost-effective, safe, and user-friendly
- • World-class technical support
The BioX® PELLET is never in contact with the commodities whatsoever, and therefore it is not an additive (no residue) and it is organic compliant. The exhausted residue is environmentally friendly (mostly Manganese Dioxide MnO2) and may be discarded in the regular trash.
|% KMnO4||4-4.5||8-8.5||8-10 (Sodium Perm.)|
|C2H4 Absorption Capacity (L/kg)*||2.8 to 3.0||3.35||4.86|
*Certified Minimum Capacity observed at 25°C
- • Upscale Ethylene Absorption Capacity up to 4.86 liters of Ethylene per kilogram of product, certified by independent lab tests. All components used in the manufacturing of the final product meet ISO9001 standards.
- • The pellets are packed in airtight plastic bags enabling long term storage
- • Each package holds a label with its control & traceability reference number:
- • Exists in bags of 500gr, 1kg, 2 kg and 5kg (1lb., 2lbs, 4lbs. and 10lbs.), packed in carton boxes or plastic drums. We offer custom packaging upon request.
- • Also available in standard disposable/recyclable BP12 and BP18 featuring High Air Volume Capacity (HAVC):
- • BP12 is 12*12*12” (30.5*30.5*30.5cm) and holds 25lbs. (11.4kg) of BioX® granule
- • BP18 is 18*12*6” (45.7*30.5*15.25cm) and holds 13lbs. (5.9kg) of BioX® granule