BioXTEND BioX® GRANULES - media for ethylene absorption and mold control BioX® Granules & Media are a perfect combination of engineered highly porous 3mm Ø spheres made of clay minerals mixed with powerful oxidizing agents. Our products take the ethylene gas out of the air to slow down the natural decay process of fruits, vegetables and floral. BioX® Granules also control molds and rots, kill bacteria and remove odors. Our BioX® Granules have proven to absorb more ethylene gas than any other brand, domestic or internationally; and showed to be the most water-repellent filter vs. competition, thus avoiding dripping and staining of containers and cargo.
HOW BioX® GRANULE WORKS:The BioX® Pellets are a perfect combination of extremely porous alumina beads mixed with Potassium Permanganate (KMnO4). Our products take the ethylene gas out of the air to slow down the natural decay process of fruits, vegetables and floral. BioX® also controls molds and rots, kills bacteria and removes odors.
BioX® Spheres for Ethylene Filters & EthylGuard Filtration Units
BioX® Fine Product for Ethylene Sachets
BioX® Granules in their porous containers are non-invasive nor contaminant and therefore approved for organic crops under European regulation EC 834/2007 and American Regulation N.O.P.
THERE ARE 3 STEPS OF AIR PURIFICATION:
- Physical Adsorption: Particles and microorganisms are being attracted and captured inside the structure of the alumina beads specially designed to offer a great surface of attraction.
- Disinfection: Potassium Permanganate is a natural anti-microbial agent with a pH of 9.2, much too high for the bacteria to survive a physical contact with the product.
- Oxidation: Potassium Permanganate is an effective oxidizing agent of the ethylene and other primary contaminants such as Acetaldehyde, Ethanol, Sulphur compounds (H2S, SO2…) and a broad range of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
- • Controls Ripening
- • Regulates ethylene levels
- • Reduces decay and waste
- • Increases storage and shelf life
- • Gets rid of airborne microorganisms
- • Controls odor cross-contamination
- • Maintains fruit pressure
- • Helps complying with HACCP requirements
- • Organic compliant & FDA Approved
- • Cost-effective, safe, and user-friendly
- • World-class technical support
The BioX® PELLET is never in contact with the commodities whatsoever, and therefore it is not an additive (no residue) and it is organic compliant. The exhausted residue is environmentally friendly (mostly Manganese Dioxide MnO2) and may be discarded in the regular trash.